Monday, November 2, 2009

Money and How to Get More of It, (Seed Money, Part 2)

I'd like to continue sharing my thoughts on the concept of seed money and how it can revolutionize your financial status. I'm reading Seed Money In Action by Dr. Jon Speller and Kathleen Shedaker. It is a must read!

My Ah Ha! moment for this blog post: Love money for the good that it can do. What a mental shift for me. Like I told you yesterday, I've been working through this whole "money is evil" mindset that's held me back for more years than I want to mention. Anyway, when I read the statement: Love money for the good that it can do, I had an epiphany! Speller and Shedaker go on to say that money is just energy. Money is neither good nor bad; it's just money. Like an airplane is neither good nor bad; it's just an airplane. It can be used to do bad things (i.e., 9/11) or it can be used to do good (getting me to my seminar in Grand Rapids, MI on time -- just thought I'd throw that in since I'm a frequent flyer!) So, in essence, thinking of money as energy and focusing on the positive things money can do releases us from unfounded feelings of guilt and shame we sometimes associate with having or not having it. Listen, there is no glory in poverty. Just ask a homeless person.

I don't know about you, my dear readers, but I love the fact that money can help my elderly parents live more comfortably because I can exchange it for a home health aide. Or what about exchanging it for the steaks I love to order at Texas Roadhouse? Or exchanging it for the joy of knowing I'm helping an elderly Jewish person in Russia get medicine or food when I sent $50 to The International Federation of Christians and Jews? When you put it into perspective, money--because of all the good it can do--is a lovely thing; don't you agree? What good can you generate in your world, the world of your loved ones, and the world of people-at-large by simply making an exchange? Think about it!

Join me in spreading hope through The Peoples Program, a sure-fire way to get you some more money so that you can make some awesome, life-changing exchanges!

Remember: "Life with no purpose is no life at all!"
Dr. Angela

No comments: