Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Seed Money, Part 1

For years, I've been searching for something I could do online to make some extra money. I have practically every program hyped up to "make millions on online," etc. You get my drift; right?

Anyway, I concluded that most of the problem was mental. The programs worked fine, but I had all kinds of mental blocks keeping me from succeeding. So, I did the only thing any self-respecting self-help blogger would do...I found a book on the subject! Someone once told me "leaders are readers"; I believed it!

The book I found, and the one I want to share with you over my next few blogs, is Seed Money In Action by Dr. Jon Speller and Kathleen Shedaker. As spiritually oriented person, I found this book an eye-opener. For starters, it addresses the guilt some people feel when they expect, want, or need money. For too long people have misquoted the Bible and said that money is evil. Money is not evil; it's just paper! My background would suggest that if I sowed a seed, expecting a harvest, somehow I was "using God." Speller and Shedaker point out on page 13:

"It is very important in order for you to practice Seed Money Principles successfully that you first erase the concept that giving and receiving is 'using God.' You must give in order to receive, but you must also receive in order to give. It is a cycle of Good, no way 'using God', but obeying God's laws."

After this revelation, I put the seed money principles in action last Friday (10/20), and I sowed $200 into someone's life. I consciously created a cycle for good. The next day I did what I thought was a pro-bono seminar for a local church. But guess what? The conference hosts decided to "bless" me with a $200 cash gift! WOW! It hadn't even been 24 hours!

I have to tell you, guys, I'm very excited; because I know--without a doubt--that when practiced correctly Seed Money principles work! I found a great program to help me to continue creating cycles of good and I invite you to join me.

No comments: